This award was established in September 2008 by her family in memory of our longstanding member and supporter Peg Saddler. Peg was President in 1976 – 78 and again in 1986 – 88 and contributed in many ways to the success of the Guild.
The Award is to recognize embroidery of original design submitted for exhibition at the Embroiderers’ Guild of South Australia Biennial Exhibition. Adapted designs or class pieces are not considered.
Selection of the embroidery is made by the President of the Guild, The Exhibition Convenor or nominee and a member of the Saddler Family. This award was awarded for the first time at the Embroiderers’ Guild of South Australia Exhibition “THREADS OF LIFE” in 2010.
Previous Winners include
- 2010 Robyn Inverarity Quilt
- 2012 South Coast Branch Tapestry
- 2014 Margaret Lee Thread painting
- 2016 Linen Lace Group Golden Palace
- 2018 Jackie Bone-George Beaded Necklace
- 2021 Glenys Leske Layered Scene